Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bandits, etc.

My review of Saïbou Issa's Les Coupeurs de route: Histoire du banditisme rural et transfrontalier dans le bassin du lac Tchad was just published in Politique Africaine. Available here (ungated) under the heading REVUE DES LIVRES.

Now there's really no excuse for me not to finish the chapter I'm currently working on, which compares robbery like that Issa describes to roadblocks, two techniques of governance with similar outcomes. And yet.

p.s. A happy post-script, for once: Patrick got his passport!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have been thinking about Patrick since your post (it really, really stuck with me)- this is great news! If he has occurrence to be in Accra, let me know!

    Hope all is well and that you are finding encouragement for chapter-writing!

    ReplyDelete